Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thursday is tea day!

"Would you like a tea or coffee?" I'm sure we have all been asked this question countless times in our lives, and for me the answer was always coffee, simply because I found tea to be a tad boring. I mean just go to Starbucks and there is an endless array of possibilities for the humble coffee bean- villa soy latte, mocha, iced coffee, cappuccino etc etc. In my mind tea was only ever white, black or green. However I now consider myself quite the tea connoisseur! Lately I have been noticing a very strong movement towards tea. I find that it has become almost a boutique drink, there are now hundreds of different flavours to choose from, not only that, tea is so accessible and easy to make- really the only equipment you need for a good cup of tea,  is a kettle!


T2 is fast becoming one of my favourite stores; it is a tea drinker’s paradise! The choices here are endless; seriously, if you love Chai Lattes, why not try the chocolate chip chai ? or maybe strawberries and cream, or maybe a simple green and jasmine tea. T2 is a great place to get comfortable with the idea of drinking tea. It is has plenty of mood lighting, is very cosy and I find the staff to be friendly and very knowledgeable- which is a must in a store like this as a novice could easily be overwhelmed! All you need to do to find the drink that suits you, is simply tell them what you like and they will find a tea to match your taste.  Simple!







                                        
Rosebud tea

Today I took home the Crème Brulee, and can I just say it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It really is a fantastic tea! It is a vanilla and caramel flavoured black tea and really is quite sweet, the perfect antidote to a hard day at the office. The kind gentlemen helping me suggested it is best with vanilla soy milk and a little sugar, and just quietly,  he says it works a treat after a big night out (this is always a bonus!). I whipped up a cup when I returned home and just used plain milk and it still knocked my socks off!


                                                         Creme Brulee, $12.75 per 100g

Another favourite of mine is the Turkish apple, which falls into the fruit tisane category- this is particularly sweet, they normally suggest to serve it cold, and on a hot summer day it is a god send! I have also been told that this particular flavour is particularly delicious with a splash of vodka! Who would have thought?!



If you prefer a more conventional black tea, then there is the simple English Breakfast, you can't go wrong with this classic. If you are bored with English breakfast they have tea inspired by some of the Australian capital cities. Brisbane Breakfast which has a mango flavour, the Melbourne breakfast a vanilla favoured tea and the Sydney breakfast which is a full bodied tea with a hint of bergamot.
 

T2 is very hands on, they have teas you can sample in store or they normally can make up a sample packet so you can take home and try a particular tea before you buy. They have little tea pots, delicate tea cups and saucers and anything else that is needed in making a perfect cup of tea!


If you do not have a store close by, do not fear! You can always  jump onto their website (http://www.t2tea.com.au/) where you can buy tea and also pick up a few hints and tips on how to brew a great cuppa! T2 is defiantly worth a try!


Mss xx


                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment